- Specialist recruitment consultants know your industry like the back of their hand
It is a specialist recruiter’s role to understand your industry lingo, how your particular job works and where your skills would be most suited in potential employment. Since specialist recruitment agents are so well versed in all of the technical and personal requirements for the roles you are applying for, they will be able to give an accurate evaluation of where your experience and skills would be best utilised, and also provide you with advice on how to remedy any gaps in your knowledge.
- Specialist recruitment agencies actively cultivate strong (and often exclusive) relationships with industry leading businesses
For you as a jobseeker, this means that your specialist recruitment consultant can often ‘float’ your resume to key organisations you want to work with, and as a result you may be offered a role that actually didn’t exist.
- Specialist recruitment agencies reduce the number of times your referees are contacted
Partnering with a specialist recruiter means that instead of the individual companies you apply for roles in all contacting your referees (which can become time consuming), your specialist recruiter will simply call just the once, and provide the same referral details to each of the prospective employers you apply with.
- Specialist recruitment agents can offer you salary advice based on benchmarking within the industry
Since your specialist recruitment consultant works exclusively within your chosen industry, it stands to reason that they will have an in-depth knowledge on the type of salary you can expect from new roles. They can also provide advice on what you need to do in order to secure a higher wage, and in the majority of new work arrangements, your specialist recruitment consultant provides you with an edge, by handling the negotiation for you when it comes to your new contract.
- Specialist recruitment consultants are in constant contact with employers within your industry, which means they (and you!) will be the first ones to know if your dream job has just opened up
A good specialist recruitment consultant is proactive and will regularly find out well in advance about available roles for you before they are advertised on traditional job boards – which means you will get in first above other candidates to interview and also be exposed to a larger number of available roles to pick and choose from.