Overview of role
Our client is a major global Asset Management company with multiple offices across the globe. They are now looking to build their South African team further.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting our clients (a global Asset Management Company) offshore products to a portfolio of South African Professional Investor market, principally in Gauteng but may also be required to service other provinces in South Africa. Furthermore the candidate will be required to develop relationships with the intermediary market with a focus on independent financial advisors, tied and multi-tied advisor networks, wealth managers and LISPs based in Gauteng. The client base requires consultative selling skills with knowledge of offshore financial markets, asset allocation, economic issues and the offshore investment product suite.
In addition to this activity, the candidate will also be required to provide sales support to the Sales team as part of their job function.
- Managing and developing relationships with intermediary clients with a focus on financial advisors, wealth managers and LISPs
- Maintain regular contact with clients, preparing materials to be presented during meetings and delivering any follow-up materials, as required
- Work closely with the Head of Intermediary South Africa to maximise opportunities with clients and potential investors
- Attain a clear understanding of each client’s requirements and offer a first class service designed to anticipate and meet these needs
- Create business and account plans using the asset management CRM system
- Build client plans to support both existing mandate longevity and identify new business opportunities
- Respond with high priority to enquiries from clients and consultants
- Ensure that all CRM systems are maintained with up to date client information
- Attend seminars, conferences and roadshows to continuously build out a network, these may take place in different locations across South Africa
- Keep up to date with new products/investment solutions and regulatory, legal and industry wide developments
- Keep up-to-date with the competitor landscape and wider market trends across the investment industry
- Keep up to date with Continuous Professional Development requirements as per the FAIS Act
- Contribute to the design of business development campaigns involving a range of teams. Help co-ordinate events and fund manager activity in the region to build out presence in the market
- Provide clients with a broad knowledge of the companies approved funds, updates on the performance of markets and insight into macro and micro economic trends. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of all relevant offshore investment products
- For new intermediary clients , have primary responsibility for ensuring that all on boarding requirements and procedures of the firm have been followed correctly e.g. KYC, AML etc.
- Provide sales support function to the senior members of the companies South Africa sales team. This includes assisting with collating information for client requests, collating monthly returns schedules for s65 approved funds, ensuring quarterly reporting for clients is done and sent to clients
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Maintain familiarity with relevant aspects of South African regulation, particularly as it affects the distribution of offshore collective investment schemes
- Able to travel within South Africa and to the United Kingdom.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a business development consultant within the Asset Management Industry.
- A commercial understanding of product, branding and positioning such that the role holder can differentiate the company from competitors with existing and prospective clients
- Strong technical skills experience so the role holder can effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and investment professionals
- Understands the key issues driving the asset management industry from a commercial and regulatory perspective
- Ability to maintain and enhance relationships with clients of high strategic importance
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to adapt these to varied environments and client types
- A high level of discipline, tenacity and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently within a small dynamic team
- A commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set and a passion for growing the business
- An interest in global financial markets and investments
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
All interested candidates please email your CV including ID document and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com