Our client is a boutique Asset Management Company based in Cape Town. They are now seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Business Development Associate to join their team. The candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities and should be comfortable working in a small business environment where the team is small but the upside is big. This role is envisaged as a trainee role to enable to successful candidate to be trained in the various areas of business development support, this will offer the individual to develop their career in Institutional and retail business development.
- Producing monthly and quarterly reports – performance, sector attribution and assisting with commentary.
- Compiling the Quarterly Newsletter. This involves writing articles, editing articles, adding performance and graphs, layout and design and the final distribution.
- Updating and reconciling monthly performance sheets.
- Completing Due Diligence Questionnaires and all relevant supporting documentation.
- Correspondence with existing clients, dealing with any queries or requests.
- Assisting in setting up regular report-back sessions with existing clients.
- Working closely with portfolio managers in preparing client presentations for all mandate types.
- Presentation work involves but is not limited to: slide updates on the business, updating performance numbers, sector allocation, portfolio composition and risk factors. Stock focus slides. Macroeconomic slides using broker research, Bloomberg and Credit Suisse Holt as resources.
- Designing and compiling marketing material to be used and updating the LinkedIn page.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant financial / investment qualification (Financial tertiary qualification with honours level is recommended).
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role; Client Servicing, CRM, Business Development or sales (Investment Industry)
- Skilled in Microsoft products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- A solid understanding of financial markets, investment products, and different asset classes.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Resilient and adaptable.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
To apply for this role please send your CV and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org