|Our client is a dynamic and eclectic organisation with foreign funding and a diverse multi-national staff compliment. They are a growing and reputable business within the renewable energy sector needing a Financial Controller who has experience in managing a diverse finance and accounting area, where there is a lot going on. Besides the usual financial controller elements of the role, the incumbent will be exposed to Treasury, Forex, Management Accounts, GP Margins and Ad Hoc projecs. This requires an experienced Accountant with min 3years working experience gained in a similar environment where high resilience is equired as well as an ability to ” juggle lots of balls” and be able to prioritise.
This role budgets for a mid-range salary, hence is suitable for an Accounting graduate, but not necessarily a CA(SA) with some substantial working experience, not the usual routinised and “stock standard” Financial Controller role
|This role is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
|Knowledge and experience|
|Level of education||Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
And Post graduate qualification in Accounting or Finance
|Job related formal training||· Overview of company’s business model and range of products
· Experience of computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments.
|Job related work experience||· Preferred qualified accountant (CA, CIMA, etc.)
· Experience in financial management including managing a finance department
· Good working knowledge of Tax laws
· A hands on person manager, able to support colleagues and create a learning environment,
· Experience of working with a wide range of finance and non-finance colleagues,
|Excellent Communication Skills||MS Office (advanced)|
|Numerically strong||Excellent Presentation skills|
|Strong attention to detail||Xero, Simple Pay|
|Problem Solving||South Africa Tax law|
|Ability to work independently|
|1. Financial Reporting||
· Prepare and review month end reconciliations
· Prepare monthly management reports
· Compile the annual and monthly budget figures.
· Ensure that all month-end deadlines are met
· Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business stream
· Review and analyses budget on a monthly bases. Actual vs budget
· Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
|2. Internal & External Auditing||
· Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
· Ensure all audit findings are addressed and resolved.
· Implement required controls to prevent adverse audit findings.
· Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
· VAT calculations, submissions and tax authority audits
· Intercompany transactions and balances
· Fixed Assets, CAPEX (budget and reporting),
· Daily bank processing
· Petty cash
· All payroll journals and reporting
· Treasury: daily and monthly cash and debt reporting
· Account allocation and corrections
· Payment and journal authorisations.
· Continuously improving accounting processes
· Update and implement financial policies and procedures
· Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
|4. Relationship management||
· Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
· Responsible for the management, training & development of the team.
· Create and maintain relationships with service providers, e.g. banking institutions, auditors, SARS
|5. Human Resources||· Responsible for drafting and issuing employment contracts to new employees.
· Responsible for maintaining employee records.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating employee policies
|6. Ad-hoc Tasks||
· Perform irregular, one time and special request tasks related to the company as a whole.
· Perform activities as stand-in for colleague or supervisor as required from time to time.
To apply for this role please send your CV, ID and qualification documentation to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org