Our client is a Major International Bank with an enviable global footprint. Their South African business now requires a Financial Manager to fulfill a key role in their Finance team. It would be very helpful if the candidate can communicate in Mandarin.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To support the Head of Department (HOD) in achieving financial integrity through the provision of complete and accurate financial information when required.
- To bridge the communication gap between Head Office (International) and South Africa from a finance perspective through the translation, completion and submission of financial reports to the Head of Department in accordance with set deadlines.
- To ensure that all management reporting and accounting requirements are satisfied for completion and submission to the HOD in accordance with the set deadlines.
- To prepare and ensure all impairments raised on a monthly basis conforms to IFRS 9 as per its policies and procedures.
- To balance and pass all entries relating to the banks commitment fee model, rental income and to ensure that these are reconciled to the general ledger monthly.
- To ensure that the FX Reconciliation, Financial Instrument Reconciliation are completed on a daily basis.
- To ensure all operational bank entries are passed into the general ledger as incurred and on a daily basis.
- To ensure that the fixed assets register is complete and accurate and reconciles to the banks general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Post the journals related to provisions and amortisation of accruals on a monthly basis and reconcile the Debtors and creditors after month-end.
- To ensure that all statutory requirements are satisfied for completion and submission to the HOD in accordance with the set deadlines
- To liaise with internal and external auditors with the view to ensuring that audits are completed within deadlines as set by the HOD.
- To prepare the bank Annual Financial statements and submit these to the HOD for review and finalization.
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements are satisfied for completion and submission to the HOD in accordance with the set deadlines
- To ensure that all regulatory questions received from the South African Reserve bank answered and within the timelines set.
- To ensure that all regulatory return are prepared and presented to the HOD/Financial Manager for review and thereafter to ensure that these returns are submitted to the south African reserve bank with the timeline set by the banks act.
- Run the hedge accounting models and post the related journal entries before month end and the hedge summary to the general ledger.Formal Qualifications Required
- Ideally an Chartered Accountant or Professional Accountant with the relevant Accounting Degree and Post-graduate qualification
Job Related Experience Required
- Accounting or Audit 2-3 years
- Banking experience is critically important (2-3yrs)
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Accounting Standards
- AML/CFT/CPFJob Related Skills Required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask with ad hoc request, and deliver within deadlines
- Ability to maintain, manage and implement policies and procedures
- Strong excel and reporting skills
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org