Out client is an innovative boutique in the Investments industry who has made a reputable name for themselves as a dynamic and growing industry leader, which can offer significant career opportunties for dynamic young professionals.
This role would suit a BEE candidate CA(SA) who has a few years (3-7 years) post-articles experience gained in a similarly sized entity covering a diverse range of job functions – this role offers an unprecendented opportunity for career development.
The purpose of the Financial Manager is to manage the organisation’s various finance functions, including finance and accounting, financial planning, budgeting and analysis, and procurement. The Financial Manager will report directly to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer. The candidate should have strong financial management experience and a strong understanding of financial accounting (for SMEs), management accounting, reporting and procurement processes.
The business is looking for an individual who demonstrates a willing to drive and constantly improve the financial function across the business. The ideal candidate is an ambitious individual who would like to grow with the business – the business had grown significantly in the past few years.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Core finance functions:
- Full financial function for 3 entities, holding company and consolidation (source to final accounts)
- Collate, prepare and interpret monthly management accounts
- Group Cash management
- Capital adequacy management and monitoring of FAIS requirements
- Group tax, vat and other tax related matters – submissions and compliance
- Annual audits
- Group Corporate Governance
- Provide financial input into the strategic planning process, including: annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Drive efficiencies and continuous improvements in the finance department
- In addition, responsible for the following functions that are currently outsourced:
- Company secretarial for all group entities
Ideal Candidate Profile:
|Qualifications||– Financial degree BBusSci, BComm
– Chartered Accountant CA(SA)
|Experience:||– Ideally 3+ years post articles experience
– Financial Services experience
|Slls & Competencies||– Deadline focus
– Enquiring mind
– Analytical/ Technically strong
– Attention to detail
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Ambitious, energetic, pro-active
– Takes initiative
– Critical, outcomes and solution-based thinker
|Please send your CV to email@example.com||– Pastel experience required
– Strong/Advanced Microsoft Excel
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org