Our client is a major player in the rewable energy space who are looking to employ an experienced (10yrs exp +) Financial Manager CA(SA) to fulfill a permanent role based in Cape Town.
Objectives of the role:
• Have the responsibility of the finance and controlling roles in the company and its subsidiaries.
• Report financial information in a reliable manner to management and shareholders and assist with strategic guidance.
1. Accounting, Controlling, Consolidation & Reporting to the Shareholders • Co-ordinate the preparation and review of the IFRS financial statements for the company and its subsidiaries. • Review, monitor and manage the company and its subsidiaries’ yearly budgets & reforecasts. • Produce financial and corporate reports (accounting, treasury, tax, internal control) and provide advice to decision makers. Ensure the reports are accurate and sent to the shareholders in due time in accordance with the group’s reporting schedule. • Enforce and ensure efficiency of commitment and payment procedures. Contribute to positive deployment of new ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central. • Implement a controlling function for all the project companies (controlling & follow-up during reforecast). • Analyse the profitability of the projects by explaining the variances with the projected profitability.
2. Treasury & Project Finance • Manage the treasury needs of the company and its subsidiaries. • Implement a back/middle office function for the project finance needs. • Manage the closing, drawdown and waiver requests in accordance with the financial documentation for each of the subsidiary companies. • Ensure that obligations with regards to reporting, compliance, legal and operational requirements by lenders & shareholders are met. • Monitor funding strategy in order to ensure the company’s competitiveness in the market.
3. Tax • Manage tax compliance and various tax topics in coordination with the group’s tax department.
4. Corporate & Company Secretary • Oversee the efficient administration and compliance of the company and its subsidiaries with the provisions of the Company’s Act, their respective memorandum and articles of association. • In coordination with the the group’s insurance department, manage the insurance portfolio of the companies.
5. Management • Manage a team of Financial Accountants, Controllers and Bookkeepers (building a substantial finance team, from 3 today, up to 5-10 persons).
• The Finance Manager will report to the General Manager of the company. • A functional report will also exist with the group’s Finance department.
• Registered Chartered Accountant in South Africa (CA(SA)) or similar qualification with proven experience with IFRS. • 10-15 years proven work experience. • Successful prior management experience.
• Attention to detail. • Commercial and business awareness. • Able to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines. • Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. • Working knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations specific to South Africa. • Experience with ERP software ideally.
All interested candidates please email your CV and ID plus all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com