- Purpose of the Role:
The fixed income analyst will alongside a senior analyst/portfolio manager and is involved in all aspects the investment research process, except that he/she is not held accountable for the investment result. The purpose of this design is to allow the fixed income analyst time to entrench company’s investment philosophy and accumulate a sound knowledge base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The analyst’s key duties will be to assist in sourcing, filtering, and analysing information in order to calculate the fair value of listed fixed income and credit securities.
- Effective communication (written and oral) to the senior analyst and the team will be a crucial requirement.
- A fixed income analyst is required to swiftly grasp key investment drivers for stocks under coverage and will be immediately responsible for:
- Updating and building financial models
- Forecasting company earnings and cash flow
- Sourcing and analysing industry information
- Assisting with the writing of detailed stock research reports
- Effectively communicating completed work through succinctly written reports and presentations
- Honours – level degree in commerce or sciences with a quantitative orientation
- Strong academic results from a reputable university with a quantitative focus,
- Progress towards achieving a CFA qualification is strongly advantageous
Skills/Competencies and experience:
- Work experience (2-3years) should be indicative of an excellent work ethic and above – average performance in prior roles. Ideally experience as a Quants Analyst in Asset Management, Investment Banking or Actuarial Science
- or experience as a Fixed Income Analyst
Key Character Traits:
Self-motivated – The ability to work with broad objectives and to self-navigate workflow
- Excellent time management and the ability to work independently towards deadlines
- The ability to multitask and be able to manage varied projects at once
- A high level of initiative, motivation, interest and drive
- Genuine curiosity to learn and engage in topics beyond focus of studies
- Evidence of interest in researching current affairs, company business models and financial markets
- Willingness to invest time and effort into a steep learning curve.
- Candidates will be required to add value immediately
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org