Our client is a leading South African financial services company offering high-level sell-side research to the the asset Management industry based in Cape Town.
The role is a junior Fixed Income dealer with a passion for the markets.
- Graduate degree in either Finance, Economics or a quantitative field
- Strong academic record (at least a second class pass at undergraduate level)
- The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter who is passionate about the financial markets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a team-player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Some programming exposure would be an advantage particularly in a computational language (e.g.Matlab, R, VBA, SQL, C#…)
- One or two years working experience in fixed income or equities research.
- The position is for a junior Fixed Income analyst to join a team of top rated analysts and brokers
- A small team environment with mentoring by top rated analysts and an opportunity to work closely with traders providing direct exposure to the markets
- High degree of interaction with clients on the buy-side (e.g. asset managers, hedge funds), including the large players in this space
- The research team looks at applications of quantitative techniques to the financial space with a view towards producing practical tools for a South African market setting in areas including the derivatives and fixed-income markets as well as more general quant fields such as asset allocation
- Fixed Income Research takes the form of: Trade ideas based on a combination of fundamental (economic) and quantitative analysis, Formal presentations based on cutting edge Fixed Income literature applied in a South African setting, Practical bespoke requests directly from clients, Routine reporting tools that service clients and supports the broking function