This Fixed-income boutique has grown in AUM and is looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager to complement the exciting Investment Team.
Working with the CIO and other Portfolio Managers, your focus will be to manage existing Fixed-Income Strategies including our clients Liability Driven Investment (“LDI”) capability as well as devising new product development strategies.
Key Result Areas
As a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, you will assist the Chief Investment Officer in: • driving the fixed income investment process, portfolio management and product development • managing portfolio risk • negotiating new or amended investment guidelines • liaising with clients, including client pitches
Requirements, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics, or related Business discipline preferred. CFA or Masters’ Degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline a significant plus • FSB Regulatory Exams (as a Representative)
• Minimum of 7-10 years trading and/or investment related work experience, preferably at an investment management firm and/or Banking Industry • Minimum 2-3 years portfolio experience managing active funds. Should include experience in bond funds and money market (essential) and LDI (desirable)
Competencies Portfolio Management and Research:
• Formulate fixed income investment policy/philosophy, portfolio construction / implementation and risk management processes • Analyse market trends and the liquidity landscape to implement portfolio strategies that add or enhance alpha in line with portfolio mandates • Management of portfolios from analysis through to the implementation of asset allocation strategies • Full trade life cycle responsibility: pre-trade analysis, execution, posttrade analysis, re-balancing and allocations, settlement, fund administration • Develop, update, maintain and document the fixed income fair valuation model / system / process • Develop financial models and analytics e.g. actual versus expected yields, returns, credit risk analysis and relative value analyses for specific instruments and/or portfolios
Compliance, Regulation and Risk Management Functions:
• Awareness of changes to market structure, legislation and regulatory requirements • Ensure adherence to all investment, compliance and trading policies and procedures • Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate compliance risk within the investment process
• Office Suite with Advanced Excel skills • Familiarity with commercially available analytics/modelling systems • System automation skills (including analysis within a database environment) • Proficient in the use of Reuters/Bloomberg • Familiarity with research and portfolio management/analytics system.
Applicants please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – if you would like more detailed information or interested in an exploratory chat please call Ian on 083 6599659
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com