This role will form part of the investment team and will report to the Chief Investment Officer. This is a specialist role within the investment team and has a client servicing focus. The individual will make use of their unique combination of technical investment skill and client centricity to provide investment and project support to clients. While the individual will not have specific clients assigned to them, they will provide support across the entire client base. The specific areas of support are set out in the responsibilities below. The individual will work closely with clients to ensure they have an in depth understanding of their businesses to ensure they are able to assist the client in the most effective manner.
The responsibilities can be separated into two core parts: client consulting and client communication.
The relationship between the business and our clients is one of a partnership. As a result, we assist our clients across a broad range of investment and business issues. On the investment side, this includes:
- Investment Portfolio reviews: the reviews are done for both individual (often high net worth) and institutional clients (trusts, pension funds). The review will generally include an assessment of the current portfolio (with a focus on suitability of the asset allocation and fund selection given the client’s objectives, as well the product structure, tax impacts, transition requirements, etc) as well as recommended the way forward.
- Fund Manager queries
- Portfolio construction queries
- Portfolio performance queries
- General industry research on anything from platforms to fees to product structures.
On the business side, the projects include business strategy, transitioning books of business off old platforms or share portfolios, carrying out business valuations, assisting with remuneration structures, etc.
These projects would form a core part of this person’s role.
The individual will be involved in the following communication provided to clients:
- Monthly commentary on specific investment market, fund research or other topics of interest.
- Ad-hoc commentary on economic, political or other events relevant to the advisers and their client base.
- Documents covering general investment market views
- Communicate with clients regarding portfolios changes (asset allocation or fund related) in writing and in person.
- Involvement in client quarterly investment committees where necessary
- Present on behalf of the business at certain client presentations and webinars when required
Input to the investment process
In order to fulfil this role, the individual will need to have a clear understanding of our investment process, including fund manager research. Therefore, the individual will be actively involved in the following:
- Internal investment committee meetings (both the detailed quarterly meetings and monthly interim meetings): the individual will contribute to the discussion and decision making on asset allocation and portfolio strategy.
- Manager research meetings: the individual will be a member of the team that discusses the manager research due diligence carried out to ensure depth of understanding of views on funds.
If you are interested to apply for this role please email your CV, ID and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org