Our client is a global boutique investment company based in the USA with a diverse strategy of analysing the global investment horizon across multiple asset classes and financial instruments. A founding member of this company is a South African and thus has sought to build cpability in our region. As such an opportunity exists for an Investment Research Analyst to join the team based either in Gauteng or Cape Town with further possibilities of working remotely. This is an ideal position for an investment analyst who would prefer to focus their career on analysing and providing insights on the global investment space, not isolated to the micro-dissection of a few stocks like an Equity Analyst in an Asset Managment company. This role would be similar to working in a Multi-management company.
The Investment Research Analyst will be responsible for contributing meaningfully to several pivotal investment functions including the production of a periodical global market dashboard, asset class reviews, investment newsletters or commentaries, market outlooks and capital market expectations. Responsibilities will also include sourcing and underwriting investments across multiple asset classes that may be appropriate for clients. The Investment Research Analyst will need to balance the cross-asset capabilities necessary for an effective global generalist with the curiosity and passion required to opportunistically perform deeper due diligence on potential investments across global public and private equity or debt markets. The Investment Research Analyst will be expected to oversee and coordinate multiple projects with the support of the research analysts and contribute meaningfully to the company’s investment committee process. The incumbent will be expected to maintain numerous existing investment models as well as develop and build new models and frameworks for evaluating macroeconomic trends and manager-specific dynamics that may impact on the company’s client portfolios. The Investment Research Analyst will report to the Co-Founders (Director of Research and Chief Investment Officer).
This role is open to all groups in South Africa – the succesful incumbent will likely have the following profile:
- Cultural fit paramount; specific multi-managment experience important
- Ability to collaborate with senior investment team and solve complex problems rapidly
- Willingness to “get hands dirty” and problem solve across tasks in a fast-growing, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrable interest and growing capabilities in alternative investments including knowledge of manager universes, private investments, and experience in a multi-asset class/multi-manager environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; professional designation and/or advanced degrees preferred (MBA, CFA, CAIA, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in cross-asset investment due diligence; family office, foundation or wealth management experience a plus. This position could also be available to a graduate who is able to demonstrate an authentic passion for the markets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (writing sample may be requested); client presentation experience a plus
- Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, eVestment, etc.
- Excellent work ethic, proactive and self-motivated – able to work independently
If you are interested to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV, qualifications and academic transcripts and ID document tp email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org