Our client is a dynamic Multi-Management organisation who is on a growth and expansion drive after building a robust business with an international footprint
This role as an Investment / Product Specialist will be based in Cape Town and will report into the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer. The role spans a variety of areas of the business, but in essence is a client-facing role which requires a diverse skill-set ranging from technical investments experience and the structuring of investment portfolios for financial advisors and high-net worth clients coupled with excellent implementation and operations knowledege and interpersonal skills
The role will form part of the business development team and be collaborative role with the Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.
- Responsible for developing, managing and supporting client relationships.
- Providing high-level technical (Investments) communication to clients on the performance of funds and the structuring of portfolio’s
- Working closely with clients to optimise business relationships to create inflows.
- Travelling within South Africa to build relationship and assist clients
- This role forms the primary contact for certain clients and will assist with any client requests or queries and will be responsible for the end to end servicing of those clients.
- Collate, update and manage a database (CRM) for all clients. This includes building up a history and tracking interactions with all clients (both formal and informal)
- Develop a servicing strategy for assigned clients, with the help of the client services team
- Assist in the planning and organisation of client events throughout the year.
- Managing quarterly “Investment Committee” meetings with clients as well as performing presentations and updates for high-level clients
- The role would also focus on assisting the advisors with requests from their clients or other investment or business queries. These will include but are not limited to:
- Investment Portfolio reviews
- Portfolio performance queries
- General investment market views
- General industry research
- Business support and consulting
Commerce or related qualification –B Com, B Bus Sci, CFA, CA (Investments and Quantitative subjects)
At least 8 years investment industry-related experience; Asset management or Multi-Management as an Investment Specialist or Product specialist or similar
-Experience liaising and presenting to clients at all levels
– In-depth understanding of retail asset management, as well as the financial advice industry is crucial as well as experience and understanding of a diverse array of asset classes and financial instruments and their applications
-Client oriented experience
Skills & Competencies:
-Ability to work collaboratively – Building and maintaining relationship
-Advanced technical skills and understanding of the workings of the investments industry – Bottom-up and Top-down
-Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
-Demonstrating ethics and integrity
-Displaying drive and purpose -Stress tolerance
-Resilience and adaptability
-Working across teams
-Good planning and organizing skill to deal with people at all levels
– Excellent systems knowledge – Microsoft Excel – Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
This opportunity represents a once-in-a-lifetime chance to join an organisation in a pivotal role which will impact the future development of the organisation. This is a senior role in an organisation that is scaling up from a boutique business to a major player within their specialisation. As such, this represents a fantastic opportunity to build your career in tangent with a business that is riding a wave of growth and development.
For a confidential discussion call Ian Magill on 083 6599659 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org