Our client is a reputable Investments company based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town – due to success an expansion in their business they they need to extend their operations area with a new incumbent.
– Position within the operation team, principally as an Operations Analyst. The Operations Analyst will report into the Operations Manager who reports into the Chief Operating Officer.
– The purpose of the role is to contribute to and promote robust operating procedures across the investment management business to create an efficient, responsive and process driven operations team.
– Relevant qualifications and experience and fit with the current team critical and would override particular demographic background, however EE candidate preferred.
– Due to processing required for meeting market deadlines, the hours of this role may start early at 7am and end earlier, or start later and finish late at 7pm.
Qualifications and experience
– Appropriate finance qualification, BCom (Hons) preferred.
– Experience with reconciliations and cash management.
– Self-driven with 2-5 years working in operations in the fund management industry.
– Knowledge of working with custodians would be advantageous.
– Strong communicator and team player.
– Relevant computer skills and system experience.
-Experience in a programming language would be advantageous, but not required.
– Contribute to and promote robust operating procedures across the investment management business to create an efficient, responsive and process driven operations team.
– Improve business understanding of operations processes and procedures.
– Establish and promote enhanced business processes that ensure efficient and effective stakeholder delivery within set expectations and agreed performance standards in the area of accountability and the overall optimisation of the value chain for the business, including: Performance of reconciliations. Investigation of significant variances and effective resolution of reconciliation breaks and ad hoc challenges. Monitoring of the operations mailbox and timeous execution of stakeholder requests. Take responsibility for daily operational activities.
– Liaise with stakeholders, run daily operational activities, receive and execute requests timeously. Ensure timeous and correct recording of transactions. Liaise with stakeholders to keep them fully appraised of the progress of queries.
– Reconciliation of trade and fund dealing activity, corporate action and Proxy voting management, cash management and spot FX instruction, reconciliation of cash, positions and performance.
– Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues. Collaborate and work with internal teams to deliver required service levels. Ensure achievement of own performance objectives. Share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas. Participate in own professional development and career path.
Knowledge/Skills/Attributes: experience in operations and administration gained in an investments or asset management company. Self-starter. High attention to detail is critical. Professional. Process driven. Problem solving and innovation. Relevant market knowledge. Team player. Relationship management and networking with stakeholders and service providers.
To apply for this role please email your CV, ID and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com