Our client is a long-standing member of the financial services industry in South Africa supplying investments administration (back-office) services to the Asset Management industry. To this endeavour they have an impressive track-record and an enviable reputation for excellent service delivery.
Currently, there is an opportunity within the Finance department for a Senior Financial Manager, this is a BEE appointment which will report to the Chief Executive Officer, this person will be responsible for the management of the Finance Team and provide seamless execution and support of the company’s Strategy.
Responsible for the financial and economic analyses of proposed capital expenditure, investment, mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, new product introductions and operating profit plans for an organisation. Collects and analyses records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realised revenues, administrative commitments and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
• Serves as a strategic partner assisting with implementation of the business strategy on a variety of financial related topics.
• Drive the strategic development of the financial and management accounting activities of the Finance Division
• Management of Financial Manager, Management Accountant and Finance Team as required.
• Preparation and review of annual and other budgets as required.
• Review, analyse and report on monthly management accounts.
• Provide financial reporting to Board and Shareholders as required.
• Management of year end audit processes.
• Project management of all key Finance projects.
• Full financial control function.
• Cash management of local and foreign bank accounts
• Payment and expense authorisations
• Act as Company Secretary.
• Manages Finance Division activities to promote profitability and ensure accurate budgeting and financial planning. Oversees development of mathematical models used in cost benefit analysis, short- and long-range projections and forecasts.
• Identify and interpret evolving Finance and Tax regulatory and industry requirements, e.g. IFRS
• Determine high level policies and procedures for the Finance Division
• Maintain and develop appropriate internal controls
• Review of IFRS compliant financial statements
• Review of VAT and annual and provisional corporate tax returns
• Responsible for managing the Company’s BEE procurement score
• Support and drive the business core values and strategy
Competencies: Experience, Skills and Behavioural Attributes
• Motivate and co-ordinate people, tasks and resources to achieve deadlines.
• Strong focus on supporting/coaching junior staff members by providing practical knowledge, competence and expertise.
• Strong numerical and accounting skills.
• Persistence in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Well organised and able to plan and prioritise effectively in order to meet deadlines.
• Analytical/Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work within a team or independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate across the organisation
• Ability to work under pressure and manage time well.
• An individual who is methodical, accurate and diligent.
• Understanding IFRS accounting principles and SARs legislation.
• Working knowledge of accounting packages – Sage Accpac, SAP, JD Edwards or similar.
• CA(SA). • Five years of post-articles experience in Financial Services. • Minimum of three years of management experience in a similar role is essential. • Good written and verbal communication skills.
This role has been earmarked for a Black South African who meets the requisite criteria and who is ready to take up the challenge of a Senior Executive Financial Management role assisting the CEO guide the strategic direction of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com